This Vegetarian Chili recipe was not a planned post…
But today I just had to share my new favorite healthy recipe for vegetarian chili. The bonus is that it’s easy, healthy and delicious! I have been on a 10 day cleanse and what I can eat is very limited. Some of the days I’m able to have lentils and vegetables and was given a recipe for a vegetarian chili. I made some adjustments to the recipe to suit my tastes and made it. It was seriously so good! This Chili is loaded with plenty of protein and has veggies hidden throughout adding wonderful flavor. Something this delicious, easy, AND healthy must be shared. Right?!!
This Vegetarian Chili is vegan, gluten free and loaded with protein and vegetables. I will definitely be making this when I’m not on a special diet too! So do you want the recipe?
Here ya go!
Vegetarian Chili...Easy, Healthy and Delicious!
- 1 Tbsp . olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 whole carrots diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced or 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 sweet red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 Tbsp . chili powder gives a "kick"--add less or more depending on your taste
- ½ tsp . freshly ground pepper
- cup fresh squeezed lime juice about 1/3
- 1 15- oz cans of kidney beans drained
- 1 15- oz can of pinto or chili beans undrained
- 1 15- oz can beans of choice drained
- 1 15- oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 10- oz can of Rotel tomatoes and chilies
- Diced Avocado optional
In a large (non-aluminum) kettle, heat oil over low heat; add onion, carrot, garlic, and peppers. Cover and cook until vegetables are very soft, about 10 minutes. Remove lid, add chili powder, pepper and lime juice and cook an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans and tomatoes Heat to a low boil and then simmer on low for about 20 minutes. Serve with diced avocado. Yum!
The veggies give this so much flavor without really knowing there are veggies in it.
Don’t be shy with the avocado… a piece in every other bite is perfect! 🙂