Hello friends! Today I’m sharing 9 great ways to treat others and some equality tips. This has been on my mind a lot lately. I just think that we could all work on our associations with others. There is always room for improvement. Right? So I’m sharing my thoughts and some free printables on the subject.
Great ways to treat others
It saddens me to see some of the poor ways people can treat each other. We need to treat others how we would want them to be treated. So many labels are used to describe people. People are singled out for religion, race, political affiliations and more. Why do we have to use a label to describe someone? We are all different yet equally important no matter what our views or life is about. The 1960’s are over for a reason and we need to stop labeling or assuming someone is something they are not. Nobody should feel like or be treated like they aren’t as important as someone else.
How can we turn this behavior around?
How can we practice equality?
How should we treat others?
I’ve come up with 9 important things we can do to ensure we are treating people well.
1. It starts with KINDNESS. Treat others how you’d like to be treated!
No act of kindness is ever wasted. -Aesop
2. Lend your SUPPORT to them. Let them know you accept them and their views.
3. Do your best to be UNDERSTANDING even if you differ or disagree with them. Realize that you can differ yet understand that everyone has a right to choose the way they live their life.
4. Be GIVING. Compliment, serve, help them. This is one of the best ways to make others feel good and in turn you will feel good also!
5. Take time to LISTEN to others. Focus on what they are saying and how they might be feeling.
6. TOLERANCE is an important way to treat others. Sometimes it’s hard to tolerate but it’s one of the best traits to develop.
7. RESPECT is something that encompasses all things here on this list but my favorite definition is…
Due regard for the feelings, wishes, rights, or traditions of others!
8. Practice EQUALITY: the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, and opportunities.
9. LOVE is something we are all capable of doing and we Can even love everyone! When you can do all things on this list, then you can truly love.
There are so many more things we can do. I just picked some of the best things we can do right now when there are so many changes in life affecting us. Can we stand united in these things? I believe we can. It starts with YOU, ME, and US!
And now for the Maya Angelou quote. Its a great one! I know this is true. Unfortunately I’ve had a few occasions where I was hurt and its been hard to forget those feelings although I cant remember what was said or done. So lets do what we can do to treat others good!
Thanks for letting me share some of my most recent thoughts. I’m going to do better at implementing these 9 things into the way I live my life and treat others!