Hello! Happy Spring! Today I’m introducing the April 2019 Calendar.
After a very cold February I’m starting to feel a glimpse of Spring. April in Arizona is usually sunny days and cooler nights, beautiful weather that I’m look forward to! It’s a great time for picnics and outdoor activities.
The thought for April is simple but falls right into place with what inkhappi is about.
I’ve seen controversy around whether happiness is really a choice or not. I tend to lean towards yes it is a choice. But I surely know that the choices we make can contribute to our happiness.
I’m going to share 10 things that happy people do that we can choose to do too:
- SMILE! You can take this further by looking people in the eye while smiling.
- Express gratitude daily.
- Be forgiving.
- Turn negative thoughts or complaints into positive ones.
- Avoid over thinking and social comparisons.
- Do something everyday that brings JOY!
- Participate in acts of kindness.
- Practice self care and healthy habits.
- Ponder, Read and explore what inspires you.
- Simplify. Get rid of clutter, negative energy and behaviors.
There are many more ways but these are things that have definitely improved my life and brought happiness to me. These are all things we can do even amidst trials and hard times. It may not always be easy but it’s doable! Number 8 is one of my favorite things. I’ve set a goal to do this before anything else I do everyday. For me it’s praying, reading scriptures or listening to a podcast and pondering upon the POSITIVE things I can add to my day. Are there ant things here that you could implement into your life more?