Simple Chicken Salad Sandwich… Its so Yummy I die!
Yep! I said it. I die! Thats how I feel about this chicken salad sandwich. I mean that in the best way though. Kind of like “I died and went to heaven” when I eat this sandwich. Or its something I don’t have often so I just die to have it! The craving was there so I decided to whip this up last weekend.
You know what else I love about this? It’s simple. [s i m p l e] As in very easy to make with few ingredients. Yet it can be enjoyed in so many ways! Another aspect of the simplicity is that I use canned chunk chicken. I actually prefer it but you can cook up some chicken or use rotisserie chicken if you’d like. Then you add in six more ingredients and you have this!
Six ingredient Simple Chicken Salad Sandwich. The combination of the chicken, grapes, celery and cashews is just divine. Hopefully you will have leftovers to enjoy the next day. Its that good!
Chicken Salad Sandwich recipe:
Simple Chicken Salad Sandwich... Its so Yummy I die!
- 2 7.5 oz cans of chunk chicken shredded
- 1 cup generous of sliced grapes
- 3/4 cup of diced celery
- 3/4 cup of lightly salted cashew chunks
- 1/2 cup plus additional to desired consistency real mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- pinch of garlic salt
- 8 croissants or chopped salad greens
- Add chicken to a med sized bowl and shred it with a fork. Add remain ingredients and mix well. Ad additional mayonnaise to desired consistency. Add other seasonings or tbs of sugar if desired. Can be eaten right away but better chilled for a half hour.
- Serve on croissants (best) or bread of choice.
- This is also delicious alone, on a bed of greens or aside some chopped veggies!
Are you craving this yet?
I must add that this salad is wonderful on a bed of greens or aside some chopped veggies! I also love it dipped with my favorite crackers!! Its also a great dish to serve at luncheons, parties or showers on mini croissants or atop a salad!
I’m craving this again now and its all gone. I may just have to make it twice this month!
Simple Six Ingredient Chicken Salad Sandwich
Pin it and save for future reference!