Yep! It’s a…. Fathers Day Craft! 😎
I have a really awesome little project I’m sharing for a Fathers Day Craft. I know, I couldn’t even get Mothers Day over with before posting this but I have a reason for that. This Fathers day craft is part of a “Craft Lightening” group of posts that will be seen on several blogs. Today is my day to post. There will be many Fathers Day crafts featured as part of these Craft Lightening posts. What does “Craft Lightening” mean? It means that this project can take you 15 minutes or less to complete! I love this because its super quick, super easy, super simple, and also FABULOUS! I’m offering 4 designs that coordinate to make a fun medal for Dad to wear on Fathers day or to decorate with. Some of the photos look more blue but the designs are all coordinated with black, white, and a dark and lighter teal color. There are 6 designs of circles with fun saying for dad that coordinate with all patterns.
I think these would be especially fun to put together and put on dads bathroom mirror so he’ll see it and know he’s loved first thing in the morning! What ideas do you have for them?
OK! Now to the crafty part of this thing. How do you make one of these cute paper fan designs for the medal or decoration? I’ll tell you in 6easy steps…
First you will need: Double sided sticky tape, some scissors, a piece of ribbon and a pin to attach it to dad if you’re doing the medal.
I printed mine on a thicker gloss card stock but you can really use any white printing paper or thin card stock. Once you have printed the design of choice, you:
- Cut out the pattern design and 2 of the circles you choose to use. When cutting out the pattern, trim off the border so the pattern is free of the white trim (except for the stripes on the stripe design)
- IMPORTANT: Turn the paper and fold the longer length from side to side (not top to bottom) ——>>Fold the paper about 1/4th of an inch back and forth to make a fan or accordion shape.
- Now, cut the fan in half giving you 2 3″ pieces. Then cut each of those two pieces in half so you have four 1 1/2″ pieces. It will be a thick cut but I did it fairly easy with normal scissors and I used a thicker gloss stock paper.
- Next, you will attach the 4 little fans together end to end using double sided sticky tape or glue dots to make a long strand.
- Now attach the two ends together using the same method. Once it’s attached, lay it flat and it should make a perfect circle like in #5 of the photo above.
- Next you will tape the circle on the fan. Tape a circle to each side of the fan and it will make it sturdy. I also found that when taping the “Dad” circles on, just hold your hand gently over it and pat it for a few seconds to secure the tape to the fan. When you are attaching the back circle for the medal, you may tape the ribbon to the circle and fan. Attach a pin back or use a safety pin on the ribbon in the back to secure it to Dads favorite Fathers Day shirt that he wears for the day! If you are making fans for decor you can are done after the circles are attached.
This Fathers Day craft turns out really cute but manly enough for Dad too. You could also make a mobile because by attaching both circles these are cute from the front and the back. All of the circles with dad sayings look great on black and white paper too so you could make some extra fans in those colors to coordinate with them. The designs are a circle (monster eyes), a plaid, a chevron stripe, and a normal stripe. I love the backs of these fans in plain white too.
Just wait until you see these done… They will make you smile and maybe even do the “happi dance”!
Get your Fathers Day Craft Downloads here:
I’m so glad I already have these made and ready to use on Fathers Day next month. Medals for everyone!! I’d love to hear how they turn out for you. 🙂
Now you can click on this link to see what other fun Craft Lightening Fathers day Crafts are out there!