Hello April, and HELLO May 2017 Calendar. It’s time to share my favorite post of the month! I know I have many readers who anticipate what I’m going to come up with each month. I’m going to share a secret with you…. Guess what? I anticipate it every month also. I have no idea what I’m inspired to do until I actually sit down and start designing. Sometimes it hits me right away and other times it takes a few tries to get it right. So here it is…
MAY 2017 CALENDAR
You guys. This looks so pretty printed up. I can’t wait for you to see it. Oh! And can I just add that I hope the watercolor trend never goes away? Because I really love some good watercolor and color blending. This is a pretty golden/orange /coral/pink design that I find so pretty! What do you think?
In a world where you can be anything… JUST BE KIND!
Yep. Simple, yet not always so easy. I know this is a message we hear all too often so why did I decide to share it with this calendar? You know the saying “practice makes perfect”? Well, while nobody is really expected to be perfect we all can use a little more “practice” in our lives. So I intend to practice being kind more. To actually FOCUS on it all month and see if it makes an improvement to my life. What are some things we can practice? Here are 5 suggestions to start with:
- Smiling. (smiling’s my favorite :)) A smile can go a long way and maybe even change someones day just from seeing you smile! 🙂
- Compliments. A friend from my past would compliment me every time I saw her. She ended up being one of my favorite people and she was loved by all. As I thought about this I realized it was because of this trait of complimenting everyone that made people want to be around her. Simple yet powerful!
- Send a note to someone. Put a nice note on someones car, or write that compliment on a note and pass it on.
- Call or visit an elderly person. They love phone calls and kind gestures.
- Verbally express kindness. When someone is “not so nice” to you, turn the tables and express something kind to them in return. Yes. Even if you think they don’t deserve it or it isn’t even heartfelt… Try it! See what happens.
Number 5 is my favorite! I can’t wait for someone to be mean to me now (hahah) because I’m going to do this. Do you have a favorite? I’d love it if you’d leave some ideas that work for you in the comments below!
Here are the download links for the May 2017 Calendar and print: