Today I’m sharing something yummy, fun and patriotic! I hope you love this sweet popcorn recipe and patriotic printable popcorn boxes! I like to call this popcorn Star Spangles Popcorn. Check it out!
Summer is such a fun time of year and the 4th of July offers plenty of opportunities to party and celebrate our patriotism. So today I am sharing a sweet popcorn recipe that I like to call “star spangled popcorn”and some fun printable popcorn boxes to help make those celebrations even more special! 🙂
You know I like to have fun and be a little creative in doing so, right?
I think this sweet popcorn recipe and these printable popcorn boxes could add a fun patriotic addition to your party! This sweet popcorn recipe really is my favorite party snack! It’s light, sweet and the texture is so amazing. I also love that it’s so so easy to make and only takes 10 minutes. After making it once, it will become your new best friend and you’ll want to whip it up again and again! Really!
This popcorn happens to be the same recipe I use for my Zombie Boogers which is always a hit at halloween time. Be sure to check them out here! The only difference is the color. Zombie Boogers are green. For the star spangled popcorn you will likely want to make it red and blue.
Here is the easy sweet popcorn recipe:
Ten Minute Star Spangled Popcorn
- cup Large Micro-safe bowl *It must be large enough to handle Bubbling mixture as it can grow up to 5 times after adding baking soda. a tall mixing bowl at least 8 capacity with a handle would work awesome if you have one
- in large paper bag to fit the popcorn
- cups air popped or store bought plain lightly salted popcorn yielding 15-20
- 1 cube butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Karo corn syrup
- 2 Tbls water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tsp food coloring
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Put air popped popcorn in brown paper bag ( I lightly salted my popcorn) or you can use your favorite store purchase plain or salted popcorn.
- Put all other ingredients minus the food coloring and baking soda in micro safe bowl. Cook on normal power for 2-3 minutes. Stir well and then return to microwave for another 3 minutes. Mixture will be bubbling. Stir in food coloring to make a dark color version of your choice and then add baking soda. Return to micro for another 20 to 30 seconds. It will expand dramatically--Watch carefully so it doesn't boil over. Pull out while it is bubbling and pour over popcorn in paper bag. Stir or shake mixture to coat well. Fold bag closed and put in micowave for 30-45 seconds. Shake very well, and or stir in bag and then return to microwave for another 30 seconds. Shake again and then remove from bag onto thin layers on baking sheets. It should crisp up within minutes and it can be broken up and packaged.
Now for the patriotic printable popcorn boxes!
I made the popcorn boxes in 3 different designs and labeled them “Star Spangled Crunch”, “Star Spangled Munch”, and “Star Spangled Fun”. They really can be used for any treat but the designs tend to be patriotic.
Here are the download files to the printable popcorn boxes:
Once you print them, they are so easy to put together. All you do is:
1. Cut around the outer lines making sure you don’t forget the slits at the bottom for the flaps.
2. Fold on the lines (they are barely visible but pretty easy to figure out)
3. Tape ——>> I use double stick and tape the printed side of A, B, and C flaps in that order, then put tape on the non printed sides of D and E and complete the box.
Once you are done, you can use them as you wish. 🙂
Now have some Star Spangled Fun!
I just had to get some “corny” in there. Pun intended, hahah
That’s it! I hope you can get creative and have fun with these printable popcorn boxes!
Be sure to pin it for future reference!
You may want to check out some of my other patriotic posts too!
Or just head to my “happi freebies” page where I literally have hundreds of free printables including these:
I hope you’re having a fabulous summer and celebrate the 4th of July in a fun way!!