Todays post is all about pie! Yummy Pie!
I am excited to be teaming up with Laura from Pink Cake plate today to share a couple of old favorite pie recipes of ours as well as some darling pie tags to label those pies for your occasion!
I can’t wait to try Laura’s “Toll House Pie”. Oh my gosh, it looks so good!
Be sure to check it out on her blog HERE!
Get the senses going!
Layered Pumpkin Cream Pie !
For 20 years now I have been making the most wonderful layered pumpkin cream pie. I found the recipe in a magazine. Yep. It was an instant hit 20 years ago and it has been requested every year since. I have varied it a bit ever so slightly over the years. Another great thing is you can make this pie in under a half hour! Today I am sharing the recipe version that I believe turns out the very best. So are you ready for the most amazing creamy pumpkin pie that will definitely make your senses go wild?
I’ve got it!
MmmMmmm Doesn’t that look yummy?!!
Here is the recipe that can get this wonderful pie on your table:
Gather these easy ingredients…
Layered Pumpkin Cream Pie!
Layered Pumpkin Cream Pie
- Layer one:
- 1 oz large Graham Cracker Pie Crust (9 .)
- 1 8 oz pkg. Cream Cheese softened
- 3 Tbsp . powdered sugar
- 1 tub Cool Whip topping
- 1 tsp . vanilla
- Layer two:
- 1 cup cold half and half (can use milk if desired)
- 2 large pkgs Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 can pumpkin (16oz)
- 1 ¼ tsp . cinnamon
- ¼ tsp . ginger
- ¼ tsp . cloves
- ¼ tsp . nutmeg
- In a large bowl with good old fashioned beaters:
- Mix softened cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and cool whip until smooth.
- Spread entire mixture on bottom of pie crust.
- In the same empty bowl: (done this for years 😉 -saves mess)
- Pour 1 cup half and half into large mixing bowl, add both pkgs of vanilla pudding mix.
- Beat lightly until well blended. Mixture will be thick and a bit grainy.
- Blend in pumpkin and spices and mix well.
- Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours prior to serving.
- Top with real whipping cream and some finely chopped pecans if you wish and… Enjoy!
Or Print this!
Download recipe card ——>> HERE
You know you want a bite right now!!
AND… I wanted to try something new this time so I also did a version of this pie in a jar. This was my first attempt at this and didn’t turn out perfect but it tasted awesome and is a fun twist to this pumpkin pie favorite.
For the pie in the jar I made my own graham cracker crumbs with butter and crackers. Then I layered the jar just like the pie doing two layers of each. Doesn’t the pie tag look cute in the jar?
So now for the cute pie tags!
Here they are:
There are several ways these can be presented. I put mine on skewers and tied a 3 inch piece of tulle to the skewer. Then they can be stuck in the pie!
Download pie tag printable ——>> HERE
Wishing you all happy pie times! head over to Pink Cake Plate to try out the Toll House Pie!!
I love that pumpkin pie recipe! Thanks for the pie tags too. I will be using them. 🙂
Thanks Donna. :):) This is an amazing pie. It tends to always be a favorite and gets requested every year!
Holy cow, that looks absolutely divine!!
Cori recently posted…Guest Bathroom Makeover Reveal!
It really really is Cori!
laura @eye candy creative studio says
I am going to have to try this as it looks amazing! =)
Laura, it’s so easy and so so good. If you like cream pies and pumpkin then this is it!
Mrs Major Hoff (Sara) says
Holy yumminess! WOW!
Mrs Major Hoff (Sara) recently posted…Gluten Free Cooking : Gluten Free Cracker Recipe
Yep. It is Sara!
Tracey @Let's Go Junking says
Everyone should eat pie! Love the pie tags.
Tracey @Let’s Go Junking recently posted…My Favorite Things Cookies